The biggest problem I find when anyone is trying to eat healthy is how do they combat hunger between meals.
Allowing your body to get hungry between meals can cause major problems for your diet regime. If you go too long without food, then you create dips in your sugar levels. All this does is cause you to eat huge portion sizes at your next meal or make you opt for an unhealthy snack on-the-go as you’re not prepared.
Why not try some of these more appealing and satisfying snack options, and they’re nearly all under 100kcals (or near enough!). Perfect to slot in to any healthy eating programme…
- 3 Rye Crispbread with 1 tbsp of reduced fat soft cheese (protein and carbohydrates) – 100 Kcal
- 3tbsps reduced fat hummus with celery or 6 carrot sticks– 100 kcal
- 1 thin slice of wholemeal toast with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter (provides fibre and protein) – 100 kcal
- Small low fat yoghurt and 2 handfuls of blueberries – 100kcal
- Raw carrots (100g) with reduced fat hummus (25g)– 82kcals
- Raw carrots (100g) with reduced fat coleslaw (30g) 94kcals
- Organic chicken slice – 29kcals
- Apple (medium) – 53kcal
- Banana (medium) – 105kcal
- Walkers baked crisps, 25g – 102 kcals
- Walnuts, 15g – 103kcals
- Hazelnuts, 15g – 99kcals
- Reduced fat hummus (50g) – 108kcals
- 1 chopped apple and 1 tbsp chopped brazil nuts – 100kcals
- Small pot of low fat yoghurt with 1 tbsp of flaxseeds – 93kcals
- 1 plum and small pot of low fat yoghurt – 93kcals
- ½ tub of edamame beans (75g) – 98kcals
- 5 almonds and 1/3 punnet of berries – 101kcals
- 1 large tomato, sliced with 30g of low fat feta cheese and a sprinkle of herbs and black pepper – 93kcals
- 1 wholegrain crispbread, half boiled egg with 2tsps low fat mayo and sliced cucumber – 108kcals
be.fit tip: Try and eat regularly throughout the day, and go no longer than 4 hours between meals.