This gluten and wheat free wrap provides a powerful hit of antioxidants (courgettes and pine nuts), as well as being super low in fat. Why not try this healthy and tasty alternative to your regular lunchtime sandwich.
Calories per wrap: 42 kcals
- Total Fat 0.3g
- Carbs 7.9g
- Protein 0.6g
- Fibre 2.4g
Serves: 1 Prep time: 5 mins
- 1/2 courgette
- 30g low fat hummus
- 15g Reduced Fat Feta
- Generous handful of baby leaf herb salad
- 40g carrots
- 3g pine nuts
- you’ll also need a sushi rolling mat
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of the courgette.
- Lay your first strip on the edge of the rolling mat, and then place each subsequent one so it overlays the previous.
- Spread the hummus so it covers your courgette.
- Sprinkle your salad, carrot, feta and pine nuts evenly over your base.
- Taking your time, start to roll the mat from the edge (this may take a bit of practice!) until you have a lovely circular wrap! Slice into 2 and serve with a side salad or a few vegetable crisps.
Courgettes contain Vitamin C in abundance, which helps to protect our cells from free radicals and ensures our tissues stay nice and strong.
They are also full of potassium, which controls blood pressure, and soluble fibre, which slows our digestion system. This helps with constipation and IBS.
Pine nuts will provide you with vitamin E, protecting your skin from harmful free radicals, and many B complex vitamins which are an essential part of our daily diets.
be.fit tip: Got a party coming up and don’t want to slip off the healthy wagon? Then cut into small, mouthful sizes and serve as a healthy canapé.