Calories per serving: 281 kcals
- Total Fat 2.5g
- Carbs 59.4g
- Protein 6.7g
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 mins
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 250g carrot and coriander soup
- Olive Oil fry spray
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- 150g butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- Handful of rocket for each portion
- 15g Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Prepare the stock in a saucepan over a medium heat, keeping it hot as you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Spray a large non-stick pan with fry spray and place over a medium heat
- Add the onion and sweat for about 8-10 minutes or until soft
- Add the garlic and red chilli and cook for a further 2-3 mins
- Add the rice, coating it with all the ingredients in the pan, and cook for a further 2-4mins, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the butternut squash and season with salt and black pepper, mixing through all the ingredients.
- Add the stock (ensuring it is hot so it cooks the rice properly), about a quarter at a time, letting the rice absorb the liquid each time before adding the next ladle.
- The rice and butternut squash should be cooked after 20-25mins. Just as it is becoming tender add the hot soup and stir through for a further 2-3 mins.
- As the soup is heating through the ingredients, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds under a hot grill.
- Serve the risotto on a plate or large bowl, with a scattering of pumpkin seeds and a handful of rocket.
Not only is this meal a great winter warmer for those cold evenings, it is also packed full of healthy nutrients and vitamins that help to support our bodies at this time of year. Vitamins such as A and B-complex help to support your immune system, acts as an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral as well as helping to prevent some cancers. Calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and omega 3 will help your entire body to function better, as well as lowering your risk of heart disease and high cholesterol.
Tryptophan, found in pumpkin seeds, can help to aid a restful nights sleep.
be.fit tip: Make a homemade carrot and coriander soup for lunch and use the leftovers to make this sumptuous dinner! Still some leftover…then freeze some for your next batch of risotto.